The Club was originally formed as Kalamunda and Districts Teeball Association, and began its first games in the 1978/1979 Summer Season.
All games were originally played at Fleming Reserve in High Wycombe, however the Club soon out grew the Reserve and moved to its current location at Maida Vale in 1984 and initially set up 6 Diamonds.
The Club changed its name from Kalamunda and Districts Teeball Association to Kalamunda Rangers on 5 May 1989.
Initially the Club started just with Teeball. In 1992 Junior Baseball (Under 13’s) was offered, as well as Softball. By 5 May 1989, during this time numbers had grown to over 1100.
In 1997 the Club approached Baseball WA, with the view to entering in the Seniors Competitions and Under 18’s. Approval was granted and the Club fielded teams in both ’F’ Grade and Under 18’s (Division 2).
We now have a natural progression right through from Teeball to Seniors Baseball. Kalamunda Rangers are one of the very few Clubs that combine Teeball, Baseball and Softball.
2007 took the Club to a new and exciting level in Baseball with the introduction of Little League. This provided our players, 12 years and under, the opportunity to compete at both a State and International Level at the Little League World Series.
Our three senior teams were also entered in the Provisional League Competition for the first time, giving our players the opportunity to play a higher level, and the possibility to represent the State in the National Tournament.
Senior and Junior Softball is also now offered to both Men and Ladies, through Canning softball Assn and SEMSA.
2015/16 season seen the successful introduction of our Ladies Baseball team.